Pomegranate Smoothie Recipe Ideas
Nowadays people keep looking for ways to incorporate healthier foods into their diets. Healthy eating habits are becoming more popular these days too. A lot of people even invest in kitchen equipment. These include non-stick pans, steamers, fruit ninja blender, and more. They use such cookware to make healthier dishes from home.
Aside from the equipment, it's also very useful to learn about healthy foods to consume to stay fit. One such example of a healthy food is the pomegranate. Pomegranates are very popular fruits because of their innumerable health benefits. These fruits are unique because they aren't just healthy, they're delicious too!
This incredible fruit contains a lot of antioxidants. It has antiviral and anti-tumor properties too. Pomegranates contain folic acid and a lot of vitamins. Aside from this, the super fruit is also versatile. You can consume it in different ways. You can eat the seeds, drink it in juice form, nectar, concentrate or even paste.
You can also consume smoothie pomegranates just to mix it up. In this article, we'll go through 3 different recipes you can easily whip up in your kitchen. But before that, let's take a look at the benefits of drinking this kind of smoothie.
The Benefits Of Drinking Smoothie Pomegranate
Pomegranates come with a lot of health benefits. From curing stomach issues to reducing the risk of developing certain diseases. You'll find that this super fruit has gained popularity for a reason. Here are some of the amazing benefits of pomegranates:
Helps Treat Stomach Problems
You can use the fruit's peel, leaves, and bark to ease stomach and digestive problems. Drinking pomegranate smoothies is also very effective in preventing cholera and dysentery.
Reduce The Risk Of Heart Problems
Regularly taking pomegranate smoothies can help you maintain a good blood flow. Because of this, it significantly reduces the risk of developing heart problems. The fruit also contains a lot of antioxidants. This helps prevent bad cholesterol buildup. Therefore, it helps keep your arteries clear from clots.
Helps Prevent Cancer
Pomegranates contain flavonoids which is a type of antioxidant. These effectively counteract free radicals which cause cancer. So drinking smoothies and juice would be very beneficial to people who have a high-risk of cancer. The fruit may help prevent cancer from developing. This is especially true when paired with a healthy diet and exercise.
Keeps The Teeth And Bones Healthy
Pomegranates have antiviral and antibacterial properties. So consuming the fruit may help reduce the negative effects of dental plaque. They may also help protect you from different oral diseases.
These properties may also aid in the prevention of bone diseases. Pomegranates can help prevent the production of certain enzymes. The ones which are responsible for breaking down the body's connective tissues.
Helps Treat Anemia
Remember that the fruit promotes healthy blood circulation. Pomegranates can also help supply your blood with iron. Thus, would reduce the symptoms of anemia. These include weakness, dizziness, hearing loss, and more.
Other Health Benefits
This fruit is really amazing as it has a lot of health benefits for people of all ages. For one, it may help lower the possibility of giving birth to premature babies or babies with a low birth weight. Also, it can help lower the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease. This is especially beneficial for older people.
The fruit helps slow down the signs of aging as it gives the skin a healthy glow. It's also good for women who suffer from depression and such while having their period.
These are some of the most common benefits, there may be more. So what are you waiting for? Start making some tasty and healthy pomegranate smoothies to reap all the benefits!
Pomegranate Smoothie Recipe
This simple recipe is very quick, yummy, and healthy. You need simple ingredients and tools to make this recipe. It's a refreshing smoothie you can drink as your breakfast or as a healthy snack.
1. For this recipe, all you'll need is a blender and a glass.
- 1/2 cup of ice (crushed)
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice
- 1/8 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds (garnish)
Steps to follow:
1. In a blender, combine the crushed ice, the yogurt, pomegranate juice, and honey.
2. Blend the ingredients until you get a smooth consistency.
3. You can keep on adding juice or yogurt as needed. Stop when you've reached the consistency you desire. You can also add more honey if you want.
4. Pour the smoothie into your glass and garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Smoothie Pomegranate With Blueberries Recipe
This is another recipe you can use to make smoothie pomegranate. This is a very healthy type of smoothie as the main ingredients both have a lot of antioxidants. These can help fight heart disease, cancer, and the effects of aging.
1. Just prepare your blender and a glass to make this healthy smoothie.
- 1 cup of blueberries (frozen)
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice (chilled)
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 3 oz of fat-free yogurt (vanilla or any flavor)
Steps to follow:
1. Place all the ingredients in your blender.
2. Blend them together until smooth.
3. Pour your smoothie into a glass and consume right away!
Smoothie Pomegranate With Super Fruits Recipe
If you're looking for a healthy smoothie for your breakfast or as a snack, this recipe is one of the best! You'll get a healthy boost each time you take a sip. The best part is that it's really easy to make. All you need is a blender and a few choice ingredients.
1. Just like the other recipes, all you need is a blender and a glass.
- 1/2 cup of pears (diced)
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 1/8 cup of pomegranate arils
- 1 cup of strawberries (frozen)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice
Steps to follow:
1. Place all of the ingredients into your blender.
2. Blend them together for 1 1/2 minutes or until you get your desired consistency.
3. If you want, you can add more ice or pomegranate juice.
4. Pour into your glass and top with fresh fruits if you want.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy your healthy smoothie.